Tuesday 24 April 2012

Curry Fail :-(

I'm a little disappointed with my dinner tonight. Ive been trying to get back in to my challenge of making two new things a week and had picked out a Bombay shrimp curry with coconut rice, but I'm afraid it turned out a bit crap :-(

Hubby likes a good curry and used to spend hours pottering in the kitchen, toasting spices, marinating meat and slowly bubbling it all together to perfection so I had a lot to live up to (and was quite possibly insane to even attempt it!)

I found the recipe in my favourite foodie magazine, Cooking Light, but it was part of a speedy cooking special and I guess there are no real shortcuts to a good curry! Hubby seemed quite horrified to hear that it called for a generic curry powder!

As usual, I asked Hubby what he would do to make it better, and he read off a whole list of things that basically meant "find another recipe"! Perhaps I will consult his copy of the Madhur Jaffrey Curry Bible next time ....


Unfortunately it was all there was for dinner and, like a good boy he ate it all up, but I think it goes without saying that it will not be gracing the Kavanagh dinner table again ....!!




4 comments:

  1. It looks good though! One step at a time....Lynseyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought it looked good too, shame!
    Next time it'll be delicious,
    Pam and Roy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! We'll try something different next time ....! x

      Delete