Monday 16 April 2012

Mary, Mary, quite contrary ....

Yesterday Hubby and I finally decided it was time to clear away all the plants from the porch and garden that I managed to kill last year, and replace them with healthy new ones for me to (try not to) kill this year!


Some of our neighbours have very bright colourful displays in their little gardens, but we decided to keep ours small as I am generally fatal to all plant life, even when I try to be good!! Hubby once bought me a cactus and jokingly dared me to try and kill it. I did ........!





Anyway, I'm quite excited to now be the proud owner of a lavender plant! I love the smell of lavender and i'm hoping that the beautiful aroma will make its way up to our bedroom window.


I dont know what the other plants are, but I picked the one at the front because it has flowers that look like feathers! Sadly one the stems got broken on the way home though, so that's going to be the first one to make it the big garden centre in the sky :-(





I have also planted some more sunflowers and hopefully they will do better this year! I managed to grow two last year, but unfortunately one snapped, and some thieving little bastard stole the other one!!


Hubby was in his element choosing from the vast selection of chili pepper plants, so God knows what we have growing in the wooden box below. I'm hoping he has marked the one that claims to be extra hot, though, so I can keep away from it!!





I wish I could take responsibility for the beautiful birds of paradise, but they are looked after by the maintenance guys - probably just as well!! These are my favourite flowers and I was so happy when we moved in last year and discovered them in our front garden!


Well, on that note I suppose I had better go dig out the watering can - it would be a pretty poor show to forget to water them on day one!!


Laters ........ xxx








2 comments:

  1. Hello oh green-fingered one! They look wonderful and we're sure that this year they'll all flower and the scent of lavender will waft gently up to your room. Good luck!
    Love,
    Pam and Roy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha!! Peter did most of the work - I mainly just planted the sunflower seeds and played in the dirt! :-) You know my track record with plant-icide so your confidence is assuring!! x

      Delete